Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I know I said I wasn't likely to watch...

...but I've been watching Top Chef regularly this season again.

I think it's obvious at this point who the front-runners are, the probable top four. Granted one of them might screw up (anyone can have an off day, or succumb to the pressure of time), but really it's been pretty clear for a couple weeks that Kevin, Jen, and the Voltaggio brothers are the likeliest top four. If one of them screws up badly enough, I suppose that Mike I. might be in instead, but I don't think he's as talented or creative as that group. Plus I can't stand him, so I hope he doesn't make it. Laurine also might have a shot, but again, I think it would take one of the others screwing up.

No offense to Robin or Ash, but I don't think either of them likely to make it to the top. I kinda like both of them and I don't think they're incompetent, but I don't think either of them work well with the time pressure or in front of the cameras, and they haven't shown a lot of flair. Eli, well, I don't like him, and he's not any more likely than either of them to make it, for similar reasons plus a general blindness to his own faults.

I'm torn on who I want to be the winner. As far as skill goes, I think the four best are all on par with each other overall, so I wouldn't be disappointed at any of them. I'm inclined to root for Kevin, who sort of slid into being my favorite personality-wise, but I kinda want to root for Jen's quiet competence as well. If it comes down to those two I think I'd be pretty happy either way (the loser might not get the money but the publicity can't hurt).

No comments:

Post a Comment