Monday, August 9, 2010

Top Chef & Project Runway

Here's my reaction to Top Chef so far: x.x

Seriously, I'm not loving it. Yeah, I'm still watching, but I feel like a) none of the chefs remaining are really very likeable, and really none of the ones gone were, either, and b) the producer manipulation to keep big-headed Kenny in is ridiculous. (I'm sick of hearing him talk about how good he is, like it hasn't even registered to him that he's repeatedly been on the bottom. Doesn't look like "good" to me). And I haven't seen much that I've really been intrigued by, or thought "wow, I would love to try that". There's been a few, but not as many as in some seasons.

Basically I'm at the point that I hope the finale is between Tiffany (who, while I find her a bit abrasive, seems reasonably likeable and talented) and Angelo (who, while he was a jerk in some ways, seems to have calmed down a bit and likewise seems talented), because they're the only people I feel even remotely invested in. Unfortuantely I suspect the winner (Kenny) will be someone I can't stand (Kenny) and I'll feel like it's entirely producer manipulation (they love Kenny, though Lord alone knows why).

Here's my reaction to Project Runway so far: o.O

I can't stand the chick who won the first two challenges. She's totally way too into herself, and I didn't even like her stuff very much. I think the first elimination was total bullshit. McKell wasn't terrific, but her dress was better than several others. I think the second one was partial bullshit. Jason should've gone week one, but I think Nicholas had a more interesting idea than Peach -- no offense to Peach, who seems much nicer than I would've expected from a North Shore resident, but I just don't think she's on the same level as some of the others. Though more to the point, I think that Nicholas' dress wasn't worse than Ivy's. Don't like her.

Casanova promises to be amusing, but probably isn't going to make anything I like, and should be thanking God or the producers that he wasn't sent home week one. Mondo will probably make things I like, but is so emo it's painful. I kinda want to smack a couple of the other designers personality-wise, but there's a few that seem to be putting together some nice garments, so I'd like to see how they do... also, it looks like Episode 3 will be the unconventional materials challenge, and that usually gives me a much better idea who is really going to do stuff I like while having an attitude I enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment